Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Checked Baggage / Rough Draft Itinerary

Checking/losing my bags at the airport is one of my biggest travel fears...crash landing in the Hudson River, no biggie BUT after I spent all that time deciding what I'm bringing to have it lost would just be awful. Thank goodness after a 6hr flight to Seattle with 2 empty seats next to me, my bag arrived and my first flight is over and done with...only 2 more flights to have nightmares on about losing my bag en route...ridiculous, i know!

Some people have asked for a little more detail on where I'm going. So here is a rough draft of my next couple of months:

Singapore (12Feb)
Vietnam -- Hanoi (17Feb), Sapa, Ha Long Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Min City (Saigon)
Cambodia -- Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, Kampot, Kratie
Laos -- 4 Thousand Islands, Pakse, Tha Khaek, Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang,
Thailand -- Chiang Khong, Pai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Sangkhlaburi, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok, Some islands (TBD)
Nepal
India

Any helpful hints or travel ideas are always welcome!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the first flight went well! Don't forget to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, this is your cousin Gary (Fran sent me your blog link in a recent e-mail). Eve and I wish you a great, adventurous (but safe) journey.

    My co-worker Lynne has visited Singapore and Thailand (although with a group). Her son Howard arranges his own itineraries, and has visited Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos - and came back just fine (except once, for a Blackberry stolen in some South American country). He is slated to visit Nepal, India and Kenya soon.

    I'd say that you are following in good footsteps.

    Sorry about Lehman Brothers - but you have to go with whatever's served up. And the chance to travel like this sounds like somthing too good to pass up.

    Bon voyage! We will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be awesome. Just remember our version of the Vietnamese soup - compare it to the real thing and tell me what I'm missing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take lots of pictures!!! I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. try and add Ayuthaya to Thailand's trip...I might have spelled that wrong (I'm sure I did)...but it's the anciet Wat's in a small town where you can rent bycycles for the day and just ride arond and see the Wat's and they have amazing little open restaurants set up on the corners where people come on their lunch breaks and they all fill up!

    anyway...just one of the many great places you already have on your list.

    Miss you mama!

    ReplyDelete