Upon heading back to a place with toilets that flush (rather than a hole in the ground or the scooping method) and TV in my room, I was quickly switched back into reality. These are a few of the interesting things that grabbed my attention:
1) People hate AIG executives (and let's face it, all of Wall Street) much more than when I left (I think I'm going to tell people I used to be a chef...people like chefs)
2) Barney Frank got MUCH greyer and grumpier while dealing with Geithner & Bernanke's testimonies (I wasn't sure it was possible)
3) Apparently there's a drug war going on with our dear neighbors to the south...who knew?!
4) Toyota has joined our American automakers...in the crapper...nice work boys!
5) Crazy octuplet mother fired her nanny...brilliant!
Just arrived in Siem Reap and off to see Angkor Wat (one of the wonders of the world) tomorrow.